Two new IPT books have been released recently:
- Preventing Adolescent Depression: Interpersonal Psychotherapy—Adolescent Skills Training by Jami F. Young, Laura Mufson, and Christie M. Schueler. Oxford University Press, 2016
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder by John C. Markowitz, Oxford University Press, 2016
Many journal articles about IPT have been published over the past year. Here is a list of a few that have appeared in press recently:
- Cooper Z, Allen E, Bailey-Straebler S, Basden S, Murphy R, O’Connor ME, Fairburn CG. Predictors and moderators of response to enhanced cognitive behavior therapy and interpersonal psychotherapy for the treatment of eating disorders. Behav Res Ther. 2016 Jul 9;84:9-13.
- Spinelli MG, Endicott J. Goetz RR, Segre LS. Reanalysis of efficacy of interpersonal psychotherapy for antepartum depression versus parenting education program: Initial severity of depression as a predictor of treatment outcome. J Clin Psychiatry 2016; 77 (4): 535-540.
- Cuijpers P, Donker T, Weissman MM, Ravitz P, Cristea IA. Interpersonal psychotherapy for mental health problems: A comprehensive meta-analysis. Am J Psychiatry 2016; 173 (7): 680-7.
- Swartz HA, Cyranowski JM, Cheng Y, Zuckoff A, Brent DA, Markowitz JC, Martin S, Amole MC, Ritchey F, Frank E. Brief psychotherapy for maternal depression: Impact on mothers and children. J Am Acad Child Adol Psychiatry 2016; 55 (6):495-503
- Posmontier B, Neugebauer R, Stuart S, Chittams J, Shaughnessy R. Telephone-administered interpersonal psychotherapy by nurse-midwives for postpartum depression. J Midwifery Womens Health. 2016 Jul;61(4):456-66.
- Krupnick JL, Melnikoff E, Reinhard M. A pilot study of interpersonal psychotherapy for PTSD in women veterans. Psychiatry. 2016 Spring;79(1):56-69.
- Saloheimo HP, Markowitz J, Saloheimo TH, Laitinen JJ, Sundell J, Huttunen MO, A Aro T, Mikkonen TN, O Katila H. Psychotherapy effectiveness for major depression: A randomized trial in a Finnish community. BMC Psychiatry. 2016 May 6;16(1):131.
- Heckman TG, Heckman BD, Anderson T, Lovejoy TI, Markowitz JC, Shen Y, Sutton M. Tele-Interpersonal Psychotherapy acutely reduces depressive symptoms in depressed HIV-infected rural persons: A randomized clinical trial. Behav Med. 2016 Apr 26:1-11.
- Bozzatello P, Bellino S. Combined therapy with interpersonal psychotherapy adapted for borderline personality disorder: A two-year follow-up. Psychiatry Res. 2016 Jun 30;240:151-6.
- Ekeblad A, Falkenström F, Andersson G, Vestberg R, Holmqvist R. Randomized trial of interpersonal psychotherapy and cognitive-behavioral therapy for major depressive disorder in a community-based psychiatric outpatient clinic. Depress Anxiety. 2016 Mar 31
- Young JF, Benas JS, Schueler CM, Gallop R, Gillham JE, Mufson L. A randomized depression prevention trial comparing interpersonal psychotherapy—Adolescent skills training to group counseling in schools. Prev Sci. 2016 Apr;17(3):314-24.
- Johnson JE, Miller TR, Stout RL, Zlotnick C, Cerbo LA, Andrade JT, Wiltsey-Stirman S. Study protocol: Hybrid type I cost-effectiveness and implementation study of interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT) for men and women prisoners with major depression. Contemp Clin Trials. 2016 Mar;47:266-74.
- Onu C, Ongeri L, Bukusi E, Cohen CR, Neylan TC, Oyaro P, Rota G, Otewa F, Delucchi KL, Meffert SM. Interpersonal psychotherapy for depression and posttraumatic stress disorder among HIV-positive women in Kismu, Kenya: Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2016 Feb 3;17:64.
- Lemmens LH, DeRubeis RJ, Arntz A, Peeters FP, Huibers MJ. Sudden gains in cognitive therapy and interpersonal psychotherapy for adult depression. Behav Res Ther. 2016 Feb;77:170-6.
- Souza LH, Salum GA, Mosqueiro BP, Caldieraro MA, Guerra TA, Fleck MP. Interpersonal psychotherapy as add-on for treatment-resistant depression: A pragmatic randomized controlled trial. J Affect Disord. 2016 Mar 15;193:373-80.
- Bernecker SL, Constantino MJ, Atkinson LR, Bagby RM, Ravitz P, McBride C. Attachment style as a moderating influence on the efficacy of cognitive-behavioral and interpersonal psychotherapy for depression: A failure to replicate. Psychotherapy, 2016 Mar;53(1):22-33.